About Purpose of Position: Compliance Specialist Jobs at Transnet
1. To perform all the required specialist compliance functions, included but not limited to Regulatory Analysis, Training, Compliance Monitoring and Compliance Risk Management in respect of the TNPA’s waterside activities and related functions within TNPA as indicated in the Position Outputs.
2. To develop and review TNPA Compliance Control Plans for applicable TNPA waterside legislation and to assist the Senior Manager: Compliance with all compliance reporting to relevant governance structures and Transnet Group.
3. To undertake to keep all relevant governance structures informed of changes in waterside related legislations that may have an impact on TNPA and to assist to train ports on the legislative requirements and facilitate the process of developing controls plans.
4. To track, facilitate and review the development of TNPA Standard Operating Procedures (“SOP”), create awareness on the required SOP template and manage the internal upload onto the Intranet.
5. To provide reasonable assurance, through compliance monitoring and related activities, that control frameworks are adequate and effective, and accurately report findings to relevant governance structures.
6. To facilitate and monitor the implementation of the TNPA B-BBEE Strategy.
7. To provide support and assistance to the Senior Manager: Compliance.
8. To assist management in discharging their responsibility to comply with applicable waterside regulatory requirements.
Transnet Compliance Specialist Job Requirements
Transnet Compliance Specialist job requirements are following:-
Qualifications & Experience:
• A legal related qualification is required. (LLB Degree)
• Code 8 Driver’s License.
• At least 7 years’ experience, of which 2 years must in regulatory monitoring role, and 5 years in a compliance management
function within a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Applicant must be willing to travel, and work extended hours if required.
• Knowledge of governance best practices.
• In-depth knowledge of applicable legislation, regulations and frameworks.
• Enterprise risk management concepts and frameworks.
• Knowledge of training methodologies.
• Knowledge of maritime and shipping related legislation.
• Planning and organising skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Analytical skills.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to analyse and interpret technical and legal documents.
• Ability to simplify complex and technical material.
• Ability to analyse and interpret legislation, regulations.
• Project management skills.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Work independently as well as part of a team.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Sound time management.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong MS Office Skills.
Compliance Specialist Job Responsibility for Transnet Job Vacancy
• Develop an annual Waterside TNPA Compliance Risk Management Plan, Regulatory Training and Communication Plan,
Monitoring Plan and Reporting Strategy in consultation with the Senior Manager: Compliance and other relevant stakeholder
if required (including, but not limited to Internal Control, Risk, Transnet Internal Audit and Group Compliance).
• Track the implementation of progress against the Waterside annual Compliance Risk Management Plan, Regulatory
Training and Communication Plan, Monitoring Plan and Reporting Strategy, and timeously advise the Senior Manager:
Compliance of any deviations and areas for improvement required.
• Provide strategic input into organisational monitoring and related strategies and plans (i.e., the concept of “Integrated
Assurance”), with on-going communication and consultation with stakeholders in this regard.
• Provide strategic support in regulatory analysis and ensure open and on-going communication and consultation with
stakeholders in this regard.
• Develop compliance monitoring in relation to waterside activities, scoping documents and annexures in consultation with the
Senior Manager: Compliance and internal stakeholders and obtain sign-off where required.
3. REGULATORY ANALYSIS
• Develop where required and maintain the Waterside TNPA
Regulatory and Bills Universe and communicate to stakeholders.
• Maintain and communicate the document relating to TNPA
Statutory Reporting Requirements and Responsibilities.
• Provide technical interpretive analysis on communicated new and
proposed amendments to waterside regulatory requirements, and
where required, request comments from internal stakeholders,
and oversee submission of comments to the Transnet Corporate
Centre upon sign-off from internal stakeholders and the final sign off from the Senior Manager: Compliance and the
Executive Manager: Legal & Compliance/ GM: Risk & Regulatory.
• Issue communications on waterside regulatory developments to internal stakeholders.
• Analyse and interpret waterside regulatory requirements for inclusion in compliance control frameworks, as well as for
compliance monitoring requirements where required.
• Conduct regulatory research for internal stakeholders where required.
• Prepare opinions to internal stakeholders on waterside regulatory related matters on ad hoc basis and when required.
• Conduct training workshops on waterside regulatory requirements to managers that relates to their operational environment
in the ports.
• Prepare comprehensive training packs for attendees to training that will advise on the regulatory analysis and requirements
in a practically format that relates to operations.
4. COMPLIANCE RISK MANAGEMENT EXECUTION AND TRACKING:
• Develop and Review Compliance Control Plans relating to landside legislations.
• Compliance risk management activities should reflect the Compliance Risk Management Methodology Principle and
Standards as defined in the Transnet Compliance Risk Management Framework.
• Conduct compliance risk management activities in accordance with the annual waterside compliance risk management
strategy and plan, to be conducted as defined in the Transnet Compliance Risk Management Guide (including, but not limited
to compliance risk assessments and design of compliance control plans), and in accordance with the methodology included
in the said Guide.
• Electronically track the implementation of compliance control plans, and report exceptions to management and governance
structures on a regular basis.
• Compliance monitoring and related activities should reflect the Compliance Monitoring & Review Standards as defined in
the Transnet Compliance Risk Management Framework.
• Conduct waterside compliance monitoring and related activities in accordance with the annual compliance monitoring and
related activities strategy and plan, as well as the approved monitoring and related activities scoping documents and
• Compliance monitoring and related activities are to be conducted as defined in the Transnet Compliance Monitoring Guide
(including, but not limited to compliance adequacy and effectiveness reviews, control self-assessments, compliance
exposures, statutory reporting etc.), and in accordance with the compliance monitoring methodology included in the said
6. TRACK AND REVIEW WATERSIDE SOP DEVELOPMENT
• Create awareness about the SOP template.
• Facilitate the annual review of SOP’s.
• Manage the upload of SOP’s on the TNPA intranet.
• Facilitate Training on SOP’s.
7. REPORTING & TRACKING:
• Compliance reporting and monitoring and related activity reporting should reflect the Transnet Compliance Reporting
Principles and Standards as defined in the Transnet Compliance Risk Management Framework.
• Draft compliance monitoring and related activity reports for waterside in accordance with the scoping documents and
annexures, as well as findings, consult with and obtain sign-off from internal stakeholders where required.
• Ensure timeous reporting of regulatory updates and compliance monitoring and related reports to the Senior Manager:
Compliance for inclusion in the Riskco pack.
• Track new waterside regulatory developments and commentary provided and provide Senior Manager: Compliance with the
latest up to date information to report to TNPA EXCO if required and risks identified from new developments are high.
• Track the commentary received and submission of TNPA commentary to Group Risk and Regulatory.
• Draft compliance monitoring and related reports for timeous inclusion in submissions to relevant governance structures.
• Track the implementation of recommendations and agreed actions, and report exceptions to management and governance
structures on a monthly basis.
8. Facilitate continuous organisational control improvement to new waterside legislative requirements, and therefore
improved levels of compliance, through ongoing compliance monitoring activities, quality of advice, and appropriate reporting
to management and governance structures.
9. Maintain regulatory analysis, compliance risk management, compliance monitoring and related activity records in
accordance with the Compliance Record Keeping Principles and Standards as defined in the Transnet Compliance Risk
10. Delivery against agreed waterside regulatory analysis, compliance risk management and compliance monitoring and
related activity performance measures.
11. Keep up to date with compliance management best practices and research on waterside regulatory analysis, compliance
risk management, compliance monitoring and related activity best practice and research developments and advise
12. Develop and deliver comprehensive regulatory analysis, training and awareness in accordance with the Compliance
Training and Awareness Principles and Standards as defined in the Transnet Compliance Risk Management Framework.
13. Maintain portfolio records in accordance with organisational policies for record keeping as per the Transnet Compliance
Risk Management Framework.
14. Assist and contribute to the development, management and implementation of any compliance projects, including
representation on co-opted projects such as B-BBEE.
15. Support Management in the annual BBBEE verification.
16. Perform secretarial function to the monthly BBBEE Steerco.
17. Support the compilation of the monthly BBBEE EXCO Report.
18. Support the Senior Manager: Compliance with any compliance or BBBEE related functions where assistance may be