Transnet Programme Director, Relocation Projects Vacancies 2023
Transnet Programme Director, Relocation Projects Vacancies 2023 || So Apply before the last date for this Transnet Vacancies. This Programme Director, Relocation Projects Vacancy is available on Transnet Careers Page.
Transnet Programme Director, Relocation Projects Vacancies ⇒ Degree Qualified Can Apply
Transnet has provided a golden opportunity for the Degree candidates. Transnet through its official website has issued an advertisement for the recruitment of Programme Director, Relocation Projects posts in Durban. Eligible candidates can apply for the Programme Director, Relocation Projects post in this Transnet. You can apply for the post of Programme Director, Relocation Projects by clicking on the official link for the Transnet which is given in this article. Make sure you apply by submitting your Programme Director, Relocation Projects Post application form for Transnet Vacancies before the last date.
Transnet Programme Director, Relocation Projects Vacancies || All Information
||Programme Director, Relocation Projects
|Job Ref. Number
||As per guideline
About Purpose of Position: Programme Director, Relocation Projects Jobs at Transnet
The Programme Director reporting to the Portfolio Director, Durban Logistics Hub (DLH) is accountable for ensuring the efficient and effective delivery of the Programme linked to the Master Plans of both the Port of Durban and Port of Richards Bay. The overall accountability for this role and the entire programme is outlined as follows:
• Ensuring Integration management, Scope management, Human capital management, Risk management, Time management, Quality management, Cost management, Communication and Procurement management on all the phases of the Programme.
• Provide regular feedback to the Portfolio Director-Durban Logistics Hub, Programme & Project Sponsors, and Project Teams on progress, issues and areas of concern.
• The Programme Director is a senior, strategic and hands-on manager and as such, will participate in strategic programmes and any other project-related activities, as necessary throughout the programme and will be familiar with all aspects of programme management and project implementation.
• Have the delegated authority to make decisions and co-ordinate overall needs and direction in liaison with the Portfolio Director, Durban Logistics Hub.
• Review the progress of the programme regularly with the Portfolio Director: Durban Logistics Hub, Programme Directors and Project Teams as necessary. The Programme Director:
• Provides strategic direction and supports the Portfolio Director, Durban Logistics Hub on delivering the CAPEX programme in order to facilitate economic growth in Southern Africa.
• Provides support to the Programme Managers and Project Managers, Project Teams and Senior Project Managers of the EPCM Service Providers.
• Assists in resolving major issues, problems and policy conflicts.
• Is active in project planning activities, approving scope changes within his/her level of delegation of authority, signing-off the programme’s major deliverables and signing off on approvals to proceed to each succeeding project phase as per the PLP process.
• The Programme Director fulfils the role of direct liaison officer with other Transnet Operating Divisions, Customers and Stakeholders in support of the Portfolio Director, Durban Logistics Hub.
Transnet Programme Director, Relocation Projects Job Requirements
Transnet Programme Director, Relocation Projects job requirements are following:-
Qualifications & Experience:
• BSc. Eng/ BTech (Civil, Town Planning, Quantity Surveying, Mech, Project Management, or equivalent respective field in the Built Environment)
• Professional Registration in the respective Discipline
• Project Management Professional (PMP), Prince2,
• SACPCMP recognition or equivalent.
• Programme Management competency an added advantage.
• Project Management expertise in line with requirements for PMP certification
• At least 12-15 years relevant post graduate experience, including infrastructure project planning and management of portfolios.
Standard Job Requirements
• Driver’s license code 08
• Travel as required by the business
Other Knowledge & Skills Requirements
• Demonstrate a good track record on: master planning, management and delivery of infrastructure and port operations.
• A proven record to deliver projects on time.
• Port Acts and Statutory requirements knowledge
• Construction contract law and relevant forms of contracts (NEC, FIDIC, etc)
• Material requisition and expediting processes.
• Strategic planning and ability to work across all levels and executives.
• An understanding of the planning approvals and TNPA compliance processes;
• Proficient with Microsoft Applications
• Proficient with Project Management tools including MS
• Project Planning and scheduling
• Good communication and negotiating.
• Problem solving
• Social and interpersonal
• Technical skills – Civil, Project Management, Construction
Management, Town Planning
Programme Director, Relocation Projects Job Responsibility for Transnet Job Vacancy
1. Ensure that the Programme is well coordinated and project(s) are executed safely and in compliance with all regulatory requirements, company policies, standing instructions and safe working procedures.
2. Establish specific policies/procedures relevant to project execution and arrange preparation of the Project Execution Plan
3. Set goals and objectives, identify priorities, clearly communicate these to team members and appropriate other parties, and provide leadership in their implementation. Motivate, ensure commitment and build a results-oriented team focused on achieving the optimum outcome for Transnet.
4. Direct, control and manage through nominated staff all aspects of the CAPEX including in-house engineering, procurement, construction, interfaces, administration functions and all external work undertaken by contractors and
consultants throughout the design, supply, construction and commissioning phases of the project.
5. Overview and ensure that work and progress on the programme will satisfy the stakeholder’s expectations.
6. Maintain a relationship with all parties at a senior executive level and display clear “ownership” and accountability for delivery of the programme’s business outcomes.
7. Ensure initiation and execution of the work is in accordance with the PEP, such that delivery is achieved timeously, within budget and expected quality.
8. Ensure communication is effective across all stakeholder groupings and that co-ordination and co-operation between disciplines is occurring.
9. Ensure that final forecast estimate completion is updated and maintained and the sponsors are aware at all times of the final cost.
10. Monitor and measure the work being executed regularly against schedule, milestone deliverables and capital expenditure budgets
11. Engage in all decision making about the programme management and project implementation, whilst reviewing monthly project progress reports and distributing to relevant parties.
|Apply at Official Website
|| Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
|| Stamford Hill, Durban, 4001