Transnet Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management Vacancies 2023 || Application Accept till 03 February
Transnet Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management Vacancies 2023 || Transnet Jobs Application forms will be accepted till 03 February. So Apply before the last date for this Transnet Vacancies. This Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management Vacancy is available on Transnet Careers Page.
Transnet Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management Vacancies ⇒ Graduates Qualified Can Apply
Transnet has provided a golden opportunity for the Graduates candidates. Transnet through its official website has issued an advertisement for the recruitment of Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management posts in Durban. Eligible candidates can apply for the Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management post in this Transnet. You can apply for the post of Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management by clicking on the official link for the Transnet which is given in this article. The last date to apply for the post of Transnet Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management is 03 February 2023. Make sure you apply by submitting your Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management Post application form for Transnet Vacancies before the last date.
Transnet Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management Vacancies || All Information
||Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management
|Job Ref. Number
||As per guideline
||03 February 2023
About Purpose of Position: Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management Jobs at Transnet
To drive development and embedding of a risk management culture across all TPT business sectors in line with the Transnet Risk Management Policy & Framework.
• Integrate the overall management and monitoring of Enterprise-Wide Risk Management and Business Continuity activities within Transnet Port Terminals to ensure compliance to applicable standards, in support of TPT’s strategic objectives.
• Provide overall advisory, assurance services and support on Enterprise Risk and Business Continuity to TPT Head Office Departments and Terminals in line with Transnet Group Risk requirements and aligned to applicable standards/Frameworks.
• Through the identification, quantification and management of all risks which impact on TPT as a business ensure that TPT Executive/senior management have a real-time overview of the organisation’s risk exposure to guide and informed decision-making process.
• Identify all risks related to TPT’s strategic objectives, key operational systems, as well as extensive involvement in all critical projects to ensure effective risk identification and management
• Proactively drive the scanning of the Risk Landscape, internally and externally and keep the organization informed
Transnet Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management Job Requirements
Transnet Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management job requirements are following:-
Qualifications & Experience:
• B Degree, (Risk Management/ SHEQ) preferable or equivalent is required
• 8 – 10 years’ Applicable experience in Risk Management function
• Demonstrable exposure to risk management best practice and current trends in the discipline
• Code 8 driver’s licence
• Medically and mentally Fit
Job Evaluation criteria:
• Minimum of 10 years Experience with Applicable with bachelor’s degree/National Higher Diploma
Years of Experience with a formal qualification:
• Min 6 years’ relevant experience in a large enterprise of which at least 3 years at managerial level or specialist experience
• Min 8 years’ relevant experience in a large enterprise of which at least 5 years at managerial level or specialist experience
Number of years with certificates or no formal qualification:
• 8 – 10 yrs relevant and solid experience in leading a group by managing operational teams Maintaining quality, service and
desired outputs related to a work area, ensuring compliance with a set policy, procedures and standards; Or provides
technical/professional guidance and advice;
Maintain and ensure the improvement Of quality, service and desired outputs related with at least 5 yrs at managerial level
or specialist experience
• Emotional Intelligent
• Work-life balance
• High ethical standards
• Creative / innovative
• Attentive to detail
• Quality Oriented
• Understanding of the rail industry
• Internationally recognised management systems standards, e.g. 1509001, 15031000, SANS18001,ISO14001and
• Systems theory within organisations
• Financial Management, budget and accounting policies
• General Management principles
• Management of information systems
• Business Plan
• Enterprise Risk Management principles
• Integrated Management System framework
• Transnet Freight Rail business process
• Cost of quality
• Cross-functional team dynamics
• Project Management
• Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental systems
• Policies and directives
• Strategic thinking
• Communication (verbal and written)
• Enhanced ability to motivate and influence people.
• Ability to work and function in a matrix organisationaI structure
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
• Problem solving
• Management (planning, directing organising and controlling)
• Report writing
• Presentation and Facilitation
• Interpersonal effectiveness
• Relationship building
• Systemic thinking
Snr Manager: Enterprise Risk Management Job Responsibility for Transnet Job Vacancy
1.Enterprise Risk Management
ERM Framework, Annual Risk Management Plan & Risk Assessments
• Implement the Transnet ERM Framework and supporting polices which will ensure the pro-active analysis of risks posed by
the external and internal environments and prepare the TPT business environment to overcome or avoid negative consequences; and timeously seize or create opportunities.
• Drive the develop TPT ERM/BCM strategy and ensure it is risk based, to ensure adequate support of Organizational objectives for success in achieving strategic imperatives.
• Utilizing approved risk assessment methodologies, drive the process for the development of ERM/BCM/PROM Framework/Standards/Procedures for TPT and consolidate input for submission to Transnet Group as and when required.
• Lead and be a custodian of ERM/BCM framework, standards and procedures and the facilitation of training across TPT on new developments within the ERM/BCM Landscape to enable Risk Business partner to execute the Risk Management mandate.
• In consultation with Risk Process Owners and Business Partners, coordinate the consolidation of the overall Strategic Risk reporting forTPT and ensure submission to relevant Governance structures within TPT and to Transnet Group
• Provide professional and expert risk and business continuity services to support TPT in the design & monitoring treatment plans aimed at mitigating risks.
• Develop & implement an ERM Integrated Assurance Plan for TPT to ensure that the Legal, Risk & Compliance community complies with the risk standards, risk frameworks, policies, procedures (PROM/ERM) and are kept up to date with developments within the Risk Management space.
• Benchmarking and scanning of the Risk management landscape and ensure alignment with TTFPRT existing Framework/standards/Procedures.
•Work with Risk Process owners ant TPT Executives to identify TPT’s Risk Appetite & Threshold and ensure alignment with Transnet Group risk appetite and ensure monitoring and reporting.
• Ensure that the process for risk intelligence and risk scanning is in place and implemented across the organization and ensure escalation of risks where appropriate.
• Provide Assurance on the Enterprise Risk, Business Continuity management processes in line with Transnet’s Combined Assurance Policy, the Transnet Information Management Systems to ensure compliance to applicable standards
2. Development and Monitor ERM Management Information Systems
• Develop & monitor Key Risk Indicators, monitor, analyze and report on adverse changes on these key risk indicators and guide the leadership accordingly. Prepare monthly reports for TPT & Group Risk Management Committees.
• Produce risk analysis reports including risk trends and provide Monthly Risk Reports to Head of Departments to ensure that executive management have a real-time overview of TPT’s risk exposure.
• Ensure that the ERM Management Information System is fully utilised across the business; develop a training plan for users to ensure effective utilisation of the ERM Management Information System.
3. Risk and Maturity Modelling
• Develop a model to effectively identify, quantify and manage all global emerging risks impacting on TPT.
• Establish and ensure implementation of clear standards for measuring risk maturity for all stages of the risk management process; assess and maintain the ERM maturity profile of the organisation.
• Conduct benchmarking exercises and research on Risk Management, Risk Intelligence to influence the risk based decision-making approach in the organization to address challenges and explore opportunities to improve service excellence
4. Continuous Improvement: Analysis of risks and trend analysis to identify shortcomings for improvement/adjustment to company risk strategy:
• Drive the development of Enterprise Risk Management Maturity tools and ensure evaluation of same throughout the organization to assess the gaps and ensure that there are plans in place to improve the maturity within the organization.
• Ensure effective functioning, enhanced utilization and continuous improvement of Risk Management tools e.g. CURA, TOMS and other applicable systems) to complement the management and reporting of Enterprise Risk Management.
• Develop and implement risk management programs to identify potential opportunities to be exploited by the organization to solve complex challenges to improve organizational performance.
• Diagnose Corporate Portfolios potential areas of susceptibility and risk exposures through rigorous application of environmental scanning and predictions models based on actual vs forecast performances and current trends influenced by 60th internal and external factors
• Lead and coordinate the robust forward-thinking research that continuously identifies potential future risks and ensures that
appropriate rigorous risk treatment plans are in place, monitored, managed, and reported on.
• Establish/Introduce Root Cause Analysis tools for improved risk management processes and report on key risk indicators to proactively manage risk. Share lessons learnt from success and failures.
5. Risk Support and Education
• Ensure the development and implementation of an Enterprise Risk Management Training strategy to enhance the risk management capability and culture within the organization in respect of knowledge, skills and appropriate risk management tools Develop and implement an ERM Training Plan for Executive and Senior Management
• Provide all TPT employees with a consistent risk management framework and methodology thereby allowing one to exploit opportunities and create benefits resulting in shareholder value
• Develop in-house risk standards and procedures for TPT where appropriate and develop and implement a risk awareness
programme to achieve maturity in ERM culture.
6. Project Management
• Be extensively involved on all key/strategic TPT projects to ensure effective identification and management of all risks as
part of the normal project management process.
7. Business Continuity Management
• Ensure and drive effective functioning and coordination of the TPT BCM Department.
• Ensure design and development of the TPT Business Continuity Management strategy within the parameters of the relevant
BCM Standard 22301 best practices.
•Assess the Business Continuity Management Programs maturity to strengthen business response readiness and reduce
• Ensure that all TPT functional areas have established Disaster Management and
Contingency management plans for all strategic business area
• Drive the TPT BCM Supplier/Customer engagement program in ensuring a continued supply of services and goods as per
contractual agreements with Suppliers to TPT, thus improving the BCM Supplier/Customer maturity.
8. Assurance provision
• Provision of assurance on the ERM/BCM end-to-end process, to ensure compliance to Trannset ERM Framework, BCM
procedure and applicable standards, and develop an action plan to be implemented.
• Monitor the implementation of Audit findings for ERM/BCM and ensure reporting of progress within the existing governance
• Assurance provision on TPT top 10 Strategic Risks, to ensure that adequate provision of resources is allocated in executing
the mitigating measures thus reducing the risk exposure to TPT objectives. Ensure reporting of the outcomes and the
monitoring of the plan to close the identified gaps.
• Assurance provision of the Transnet information management Systems ie: CURA and Share-point, to ensure adequate
utilization of the systems, compliance to applicable standards and availability of evidence to support the implementation of
• Assurance provision on the effective implementation of the Risk Management strategy/Plan.
9. Stakeholder Management:
PLEASE NOTE: Transnet, its employees or representatives never ask for a fee from job seekers. Any such requests are fraudulent. Please report any
suspicious activities in this regard to the Transnet anti-fraud line on 0800 003 056.
• Provide ERM/BCM support to the Risk Management fraternity at corporate and corridors through decentralised model.
• Build, support and maintain healthy internal and external relationships with risk professionals to ensure achievement of
• Build relationships internally corporate portfolio’s ERM Champions and Business Continuity Coordinators, Transnet Group
and Transnet OD Risk professionals) to continuously scan the risk environment and implement the necessary risk response
• Manage and maintain good relationship with Internal and External Stakeholders to create common understanding on risk
|Apply at Official Website
|| Any questions regarding the application or recruitment process should be sent in writing to
|| 202 Smith St, Durban Central, Durban, 4001